USPS Zip Code The United States Postal Service has rolled out an incredible service of offeringZIP codes to all its users in order to improve the postal service across the county. ZIP Codes are abbreviated as Zone Improvement Plan. Here is everything you need to know about the ZIP Codes that are used by the United States Postal Service for all its customers. Have a glance!
USPS Types of ZIP Codes
In general, there is a total of 4 types of ZIP Codes available which are provided below:
- Unique: The unique ZIP codes are usually allocated to a solitary high-volume address in the US. The unique ZIP Codes are generally used for various governmental organizations, campuses, businesses, or houses that take delivery of such enormously great volumes of postal that they require their ZIP Codes.
- Post Office Box only: The Post Office Box only ZIP codes are used only for Post Office Boxes at a provided facility. These ZIP codes are not intended for any other kind of delivery of shipment or a package.
- Military: Military type of Zipping Codes is usually utilized by the postal service if in the case when a situation arises in order to route mail for the U.S. military.
- Standard: The Standard ZIP Codes are the codes that are used for all other ZIP Codes. The standard ZIP codes are used in the area adjacent to the post office, other home-based and commercial mail delivery addresses. All these make use of the standard ZIP Code which is 22314.
How to GetZIP code using USPS Tools?
The official website of United States Postal Service isusps.com. On this official website, you can easily check out your ZIP code just by following simple steps. The postal service providers are also offering some incredible tools in order to find your USPS ZIP code alongside the cities. Here are some of the easy steps that help the customers to get their United States Postal Service ZIP Code. Check it out!
- Initially, go to the official website of United States Postal Service, i.e., @ usps.com.
- Just hit on the option that says‘look up a ZIP Code’that is present on the main home page of the official website.
- You can then get a webpage wherein you need to fill in some of your details such as your street, address, city, and state in the provided empty fields.
- Upon entering all the required details in the provided fields, you can simply hit on the option ‘Find.’
- Within few seconds, you will be able to see a 9-digit ZIP code which is popped up on the screen for your stated address.
That’s it! These are the simple steps that help the users to get their city-wise ZIP codes in the country of United States.
List of USPS ZIP Codes from Major Cities
We have come up with a huge list of different major locations in the country of United States along with its ZIP Codes. All these cities provided below are situated in the United States at numerous postal locations. Check it out!
|ZIP Code||Primary City|
That’s it! Here ends the list of major cities in the United States and their ZIP codes. If you are exploring for many other ZIP codes of different locations in the US, you can get them from the official website of the United States Postal Service. Hope this detailed guide helps you in the best way to find the ZIP Codes of various cities in the country of the US.